We strive to provide our current and future customers with all the help they’d need to get verified on the Platform. Proof of Address is a major KYC/AML requirement, but don’t fret: your only challenge is getting all your documentation in order. Once done, the rest is now a breeze.
After passing the initial checks using ONFIDO, you will be asked to provide proof of address (POA). This document is necessary to comply with the Financial Conduct Authority’s regulations and to become a verified investor at the time of creating your account on Smartlands platform. To ensure that the verification process will go smoothly, let‘s quickly run through what can be used as proof of address.
The following will be accepted as POA:
- Dated bank statement with your full name and address – not older than 3 months
- Dated utility bill with your full name and residential address, such as gas, electricity, water, internet, landline telephone – not older than 3 months (Mobile phone bills CANNOT be accepted as POA)
- Dated credit card statement with your full name and address – not older than 3 months
- Letter from any recognized public authority, any government issued correspondence with your full name and address – not older than 6 months
- Current house purchase deed/ lease agreement/ tenancy agreement with your name and residential address
- Employer’s certificate/ Letter from employer verifying proof of residence – , not older than 3 months
NB. This is not an exhaustive list but it shows how many documents can be counted as POA. Other address proof documents which are also accepted as POA IF your current address is shown on them:
- National ID card
- Driving license
NB. It is NOT possible to confirm your identity and place of residence with the same document. To make things even clearer, here are some examples of documents that fail as a valid proof of address:
- Bank statements and utility bills older than 3 months
- Insurance policies